free website stats program 2003 With a Power Commander | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 With a Power Commander

ronjons

Last year I installed a Power Commander on my 03 Ultra Classic. A month ago I made a trip from Alabama to Michigan an back and never had any trouble, until 2 weeks ago I rode to work and a back and about a mile from home my bike went dead. Like someone pulled the battery. Dashboard went out and the bike quit running. Waited 5 minutes the radio came back on and it fired back up and I rode it home. Has anyone ever heard of that happening? I was wondering if the Power Commander might of had something to do with it. It hasn't done it sense. I have it at the dealer checking it out but there not finding any problems.

Check battery cables a power commander wont cause the dash to go dead or main circuit breaker overheated if it has one

Last edited:
suggest you check out the starter relay, it may be headed south on you, that was the cause of a similar problem i had with my '00 RK several years ago. The onboard computer constantly monitors everything, and if it finds a problem, it will shut down. kinda scary when it shuts down at 50mph isn't it!!

Sounds more like the main circuit breaker overheated. Reset after it cooled down.

+1 on the main breaker; common on the earlier FLs. The breaker is exposed to fairly high heat and over time, loses efficiency. A 30A breaker can deteriorate so that less than the design capacity will trip.

there is a factory recall on main circut breakers for that year bike.Have your dealer do a vin search and get it replaced at no charge.

I had the recall done 5 years ago. I got it back from the dealer yesterday and had them replace the main circuit breaker. It was only a couple of bucks. They never did find anything. So far so good:)

Back