free website stats program 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fatboy 100th Anniversary Edition | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fatboy 100th Anniversary Edition

DennisAZ

Just asking opinions on whether 9k is a good asking price for this bike.

Bike is in pristine condition, minor scratches on edges of front and rear fender from other things in garage (should be able to buff out). Spare sport seat. Approx 16k miles. Tires, battery, fuel pump, brakes have less than 500 miles on them. What can be chrome is, steel braided cables. Runs great and rides great. Has the 2003 Anniversary logo all over. Removable windshield and luggage rack and sissy bar. Lockable Saddle bags are not clip removable. This is a great price, reduced from previous. Still negotiable. Please, Serious offers only. No PayPal. Cash or cashiers check (or bank financing check). 20151124_110055.jpg 20151225_101223.jpg 20151124_110107.jpg

Nice looking scoot. I didn’t look it up on blue book but $9.000 seems a little high for a 03.

Appears to be a very nice and well kept bike, but, unfortunately, we seem to never get near what we have invested in our bikes when it comes time to part with them

If book retail is 7600 and you tack on some value for the upgrades like bags, rack, windscreen, exhaust and probably a Stage I upgrade, only 16K miles, less than 500 miles on tires, brakes, fuel pump and brakes even if it is 15 years old, it's the basically the same Fatboy you would buy it was only 5 years old with the exception of the cam chest, transmission and motor. If the bike runs and rides great as the OP says and he likes the bike and considering that the seller has already reduced the price once, the OP should go to the seller with 8500 in cash and try to close the deal.;)

I think this is the OP's bike and he's asking if it's a good price to sell it not buy it.
Regardless 9 grand is to high for a 03 Fat boy. Unless you find the perfect buyer you'll never get what you put into it.

Adding chrome and all kinds of doodads are nice when your customizing it for yourself but very hard to recoup at selling time unless you find that perfect buyer with cash in hand.
A bank will only give you a loan for a 2003 Fat Boy not to include the add on's.

Last edited:
OK, I misread the OP, my bad. However, I do understand the Harley market since my first was a '76 Sportster. Of course I agree that the cost of custom cosmetic upgrades cannot be recovered when selling a motorcycle. But I would also say that saying that the ask price for any motorcycle is too high is relative and a function of the condition of the motorcycle being sold regardless of model year. However, the same logic in my previous post still applies but in reverse if one can follow. Everything is relative, personal and emotional when it comes to selling a motorcycle. Striking the best deal depends on how badly the owner wants to sell and how badly the buyer wants to buy. If the OP isn't in a hurry to sell, he can wait knowing that he might never get his ask but keep riding the bike. Who knows, if the OP waits long enough, he might even get his ask.:eek: On the other hand, if the OP needs the cash more than he needs the motorcycle, he will have to let the market set the sell price. Having said all that, it certainly is a buyer's market for Harleys these days.

I have had an '05 Deuce for sale for two years and have turned down several offers where the buyer shows up with cash in hand but not enough. I love my Deuce but have three motorcycles in the garage and recently have been thinking of downsizing; not riding as much as I used to. So, I am in no hurry to sell and will not sell if I can't get my ask or near it. If the perfect buyer never shows up, I just keep riding the bike. Recently sunk another wad of money into upgrading the 95" motor from 94HP/104TQ to a 98" motor with 115HP/115TQ and replaced the five speed with a Baker DD6 and raised my ask. I will either get my ask or near or just keep riding the bike; happy either way.;) That strategy may nor work for the OP but it works for me.:)

Back