free website stats program 2003 deuce/new to soft tails | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 deuce/new to soft tails

HOLY DIVER

alright i know many will bust my chops for the trade i made but i traded my roadking for a deuce,yea yea i know.....but any way the deuce has about half the mileage of the roadking and fits my riding style much much better,now lets get to the good stuff.i ran andrews 21n grind cams in the road king and i was very impressed with the torque gain but i'll be honest the deuce has plenty of power stock now this has me wondering just install the screaming eagle hydraulic cam tensioner kit keep my stock cams or heck while i'm at it spend $300 more and get cams that give me more performance.....i'll let you guys give me plenty of opinions before i decide (bike has 20k miles it will be fine this riding season already looked at the spring tensioners they show very low wear)i guess what i'm not sure about is this is my first tc88b engine any certain cam work better with this engine?or is a twin cam a twin cam?

p.s. this deuce is LOADED with chrome(i'll get a picture up soon):D

Hi there.
This is my first post. I have a 2003 Anniversary Deuce. My first bike. I love it. Light on the front end with plenty of power and style with the standard chrome
I look forward to seeing pics of your bike. About the only thing I would say about the Deuce is that with the longer tank, the seat is shorter and bit hard on the rear end over a couple hundred kays
Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ride. If the deuce fits your riding style and the tensioners are not worn, why not ride it as is for now. Keep an eye on the tensioners and make your mind up about upgrades to the motor when you have to go into the cam chest.

Back