free website stats program 2002 Sportster car/throttle issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Sportster car/throttle issues

Shadowstrider

What its doing:
Idles fine can rev through range. mid range bog down and stall. open the throttle without rev bogs down and stalls if not let go. Goes back to idle fine. Will die under load. regardless of temp bike runs the same. choke off when hot

What i have done so far.
I have cleaned the carb, upjetted to a 170 jet, has screaming eagle pipes and a stage 2 air intake. Just changed the VOES sensor, vacuum lines, fuel line, fuel filter, upgraded to thunder jet accelerator pump nozzle.Replaced carb gasket to air intake. Currently running mystery motor oil through the gas. Checked the spark plugs and distributor. Have good spark.

What helps
I cover the air intake with my hand bike runs fine no stumbling or popping.

Did this problem just start or was it after the upgrades of pipes and air cleaner? By closing off the intake off with your hand you limit the air intake. That leads me to believe you are getting to much air from somewhere. I would check it for an intake leak near the heads.
tourbox

Before the air filter upgrade the bike was running rough. had the screaming eagle air filter on it but needed to be replaced due to back plate crack. problem started after the replacement filter. I checked the diaphragm no holes. i tried checking the intake seals and saw/heard nothing obvious. When

Back