free website stats program 2002 Sportster 1200 C to 2003 V-Rod? | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Sportster 1200 C to 2003 V-Rod?

nakkers

OK. My return to motorcycling after a long hiatus was with a recent purchase of my 2001 Sportster 1200 C. I love it. It fits me. I haven't really owned it long since I purchased at the end of the season last year.

When I first bought my bike, I didn't think of myself as a Harley owner. Since then, I've developed a strong bond with the brand and can't think of owning anything else.

I've just been offerred a 100th Anniversary V-Rod (2003) with several updates in mint condition. I know the current owner and he's just looking to sell since he doesn't ride it all that often.

It's a great deal but, I would have to sell my Sportster to afford the V-Rod.

I'm so emotionally attached to my Sportster that I can't imagine owning anything else.

Which then leads me to question a change in machinery.

If any of you current Sportster owners were given the chance to own a V-Rod without losing out of pocket would you do it? Essentially, I can almost buy this V-Rod for what I can sell my Sporty for.

They really are two different beasts within the Harley family.

I guess I should post in the V-Rod section. Are there any issues of concern I should look out for with the 2003 model year?

Last edited:
I own an 04 custom sporty and i wouldnt trade even up i sit to scruntched up on a v-rod , way to uncomfortable for me.

I am fairly attatched to my sportster although i dont ride it often now it was my first harley and for the moment i am keeping it
there are times the sportster is my ride of choice but usually when riding alone if im out riding with the wife ill use the softail and wife will be on the dyna

Brian

I ride an 09 Sporty 883.

I test drove a night rod a couple weeks ago and it did not feel right. Felt like i has to be scrunched over forward to reach the bars.

Sticking with my Sporty until I can add a touring model.

I've seen so many posts asking about a certain bike and if it would be good and realized you have to ride it before you can decide.

In all honesty, I don't think I'm going to get that far. I love my Sportster too much and as appealling as it might be to make a change, I'm just going to stick with it.

Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Honestlly, if you can afford it, both in your livery would be very good. Think about it, why not enjoy them both and decide at your leisure and help your friend out at the same time. I like my 04 Sportster for all the reasons that kept me on a metric for over 25 years, obviously it took a long time to make that decision...why not give yourself a break? :newsmile040:

Honestlly, if you can afford it, both in your livery would be very good. Think about it, why not enjoy them both and decide at your leisure and help your friend out at the same time. I like my 04 Sportster for all the reasons that kept me on a metric for over 25 years, obviously it took a long time to make that decision...why not give yourself a break? :newsmile040:

I really considered both but then I checked out the V-Rod. It doesn't really fit like I thought it would. It sounds great and runs strong though.

I think if I'm going to add or switch to something else, it will be in the Dyna family or touring model. Until then, I'm riding and loving my Sporty.

Just not in the cards this time. You never know what the future holds.

Back