free website stats program 2002 FLHTCUI Running on one cylinder | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 FLHTCUI Running on one cylinder

JRBMan

Have a bone stock 2002 E-Glide that, once warmed up (after about a minute of running), drops the front cylinder. Troubleshot the ignition system and ruled out the coil (I think). I get good spark at the plug even when the front cylinder goes down. Chased all the wires and all are good. Could it be an injector? I'm thinking that it's a coil going bad, but don't wanna keep throwing parts at it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

First check for any codes using the attachment and look up chart. You probably have a code.

But if that does not give you a lead, I would change the plugs. Having good spark at a gap from a removed spark plug wire doesn't mean there is spark at the tip of the plug. Since I was pulling the plugs anyway, I would also check the compression in the front cylinder immediately after the engine got warm. That would eliminate any mechanical issues within the cylinder that you may have.

Attachments

• 2002 Codes.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2002_code_list.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 11
So, I received my code reader today and pulled a P0261 (Front Injector open/low). does this mean that I need to replace? or is it just fowled and need clean?

Thanks for the info & part#. Looks like a nice tool for sure.

In case you don't have a copy, here is a print for your 2002. If you unplug the coil & ECM connectors along with removing the fuel pump fuse and system relay, the injector wiring will then be isolated from the rest of the bike.

Continuity beeper testing with your meter will be easy from this point on. Fix this one problem and the tool just paid for itself!

Attachments

• 2002_Injector.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 19
Isolated the issue to both wires to the front fuel injector were broken. now I just have to find the right female connectors so that I can replace/repair the harness...Thanks for all of your assistance in this matter.

There was a post not long ago (last 2 months or so)... another member found a complete replacement injector connector with wire pigtails that fit a cage. I think it was for a GM so it most likely was a Delphi product.
It made the job a lot easier.

I will see if I can find it.

Yeah, I found that out a little while ago. Guess any Delphi pigtail will work. Too bad I don't have an AutoZone over here, but I've got options. :D

SHE LIVES...AGAIN!!! Was able to source a Delphi kit here in Germany and get her up and running (pending a lengthy road test). Thanks again!

Back