free website stats program 2002 Electra Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Electra Glide

My 2002 Electra Glide is breaking up below 2000 RPMs. It accelerate well without breaking up and runs well under a load. But at stop signs and lights I have to keep the rpms. up at 2000 to keep it from stalling. It is fuel injected. Any help is appreciated.

As a quick check, I would pull the speed sensor out of the tranny case and see if it has an afro. If so, you can try cleaning it (get all the metal shavings off) and reinstall it. If it is really bad, I would just replace it. See if that make a difference.

TQ

My 2002 Electra Glide is breaking up below 2000 RPMs. It accelerate well without breaking up and runs well under a load. But at stop signs and lights I have to keep the rpms. up at 2000 to keep it from stalling. It is fuel injected. Any help is appreciated.
I had the same problems with my 2001 fuel injected ultra , I ran some marvels mystery through it and the cleaned the injectors and lines , went away , don't know which fixed it although , i also replaced the speed sensor as the speedo was not working

Back