free website stats program 2002' 883R Worth? | Harley Davidson Forums

2002' 883R Worth?

Hello everybody. I just bought a new 2009 Street Glide, and I do not know what to do with my sportster. I would like to keep it, but I am not for sure if that makes sense. I was hoping that this model would be worth money someday since it was a limited tridbute to the XR750, but I don't know if that will ever happen or if its even worth storing it for that long. Curious how much it's worth on the market today so I can debate on to sell it or keep it? Thanks, for your feed back.

Here's what she's got:

-slip fit screaming eagle pipe
-free flowing air cleaning kit screaming eagle
-carb kit
-new tires and mag harley wheels last summer (over $1000 invested)
-low sissy bar with rack and pad quick detach side plates all harley stuff
-new brake pads
-10,000 miles

-I have all of the original parts too.

I have read a few threads where people have traded up and them missed their Sportster, some have replaced it which is fine if you can afford to run two bikes.

If I were you I would keep hold of it for a while and if you don't miss it unload it later.

you may wish to check with kbb.com or edmonds.com, I believe that one of them has a section on motorcycles and their values.

I don't believe in this economy and in reality in general, I would put much stock realizing much in retun on your list of add-ons. Unless there is something really unusual or a limited production model of special interest, most older harleys are just older harleys.

Do your homework and look for someone who is looking for an 883R, maybe you strike gold. I've seen stuff go at Barrett Jackson's that has left me shaking my head, and then I remember ..."it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it."

Nada is what most dealers and banks use to determine market value.Like vpats said dont look for" intrinsic " value unless you are selling to another individual and have reciepts to back up price.

I too am trying to sell my 2002 883R, and am sick of people calling and low balling me. Th ebike is mint with 3500 miles, and I have people calling saying it books for $3200 and that's what they think they can get it for. I think some people are just crazy, this isn't a car, it's a Harley.... Come on people....

Here are the Bike's Details in case anyone is interested:

2002 Harley Davidson Sportster 883R
3500 miles, Progressive Lowering Springs, Screamin' Eagle 2 into 1 Pipe & Screamin' Eagle filter kit, Jet Kit, Forward Controls.

my philosophy never get rid of anything thats paid for. err thats why I have 4 harleys laying around the house. personaly i always like to have at least 2 so if one is being worked on I am still in the wind till I get parts or finnish whats broke on the main one.

Back