free website stats program 2001 Softail Deuce Rear tire size max. | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Softail Deuce Rear tire size max.

twhoodoo

Good news first. Went on the House of Blues ride today in Houston with Dan Akroyd and Jim Beluchi leading the pack. Had well over 1000 riders crossing Houston and blocking traffic. It was awesome. Here goes. Made it home, put the bike in the garage, went in to wash my face and back out to close things up. Horror of horrors I have a flat on the rear. Grateful to have made it home tho, I had a rider on back all day. Here is the ?, What is the largest size I can put on this bike on stock size wheel without any problems? Tire size and brand suggestions are welcome.

Will post pics later if anyone is interested. Some not so good some excellent. Thanks in advance.
Poppy

I agree with Hobbit here. Going from the stock sizes creates more work and the benefits of one size bigger on a stock setup are more for looks than anything else.

Ok point taken. Another question. I am very mechanically inclined, do most all the work on my vehicles. Have had a rear wheel off a Kaw Vulcan 800 for tire repair before. Should I take bike in for new tire mount etc. or how much is involved in removal of rear tire, drive belt readjustment, etc. on my Deuce. What are the pros and cons of solid rear Deuce wheel as opposed to say 5 spoke mag wheel.

Last edited:
185 on stock rim

You can usually go up one size in the same aspect ratio without a problem of interference from struts, fender bolts, belt guards etc.

Changing to a lower profile tire (aspect ratio) you may be able to fit in a larger profilt but you're best staying with the stock sizes.

Back