free website stats program 2001 Road Glide radio problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Road Glide radio problem

jweaver

Hello there,

Looking for some help please. I just changed the factory battery out of my 2001 Road Glide and now the Radio Speakers will not work. The radio it self works, but nothing comes out of the speakers but this really strange sound. Not quite like static. It doesn't go way when you turn the volume down either. Any help is appreciated. Not sure what I did wrong.

Are you getting any codes ? if you are getting 1 or more codes you may want to clear them . There are others out here that have older bikes that may know what the problem is . I know that on my 08 when I unhooked & rehooked the battery there was some codes that came up & I had to clear them .

No, the radio does not give me any codes. The radio itself seems to work. Just no sound other than a strange noise from the speakers. The Volume doesn't seem to adjust the noise up or down. It's a constant.

Hello there,

Looking for some help please. I just changed the factory battery out of my 2001 Road Glide and now the Radio Speakers will not work. The radio it self works, but nothing comes out of the speakers but this really strange sound. Not quite like static. It doesn't go way when you turn the volume down either. Any help is appreciated. Not sure what I did wrong.

Have you owned this bike the whole time? If not, is there a pre-amp somewhere that had a separate power supply directly to the battery that you have not reinstalled? Check around in the battery compartment area for any wires that look like they should be attached to something (like the battery terminals). My Sirius satellite radio has power supply wires hooked directly to the battery (with an inline fuse).

check the grounds located up there in the battery compartment area (under the seat), and then pull the fairing off and check the connections to the speakers (make sure everything is on, and no broken wires). Check that the grounds are all good and tight.

If none of that works, go buy a cheap speaker at Walmart (they are about $10) and plug that into one of the speaker wire sets. Hold it against a good ground and see if it works. If yes, fiddle with your speakers.

If no, yank the radio and send it to Radio Sound with $200. They will send you back a completely refurbished radio.

RadioSound - Customer Service

TQ

Back