free website stats program 2001 fuel injection | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 fuel injection

barbosa

Hi everyone hope all is well.I would like to pick your brains and see if you can help me get mobile again. I have a 2001 classic with fuel inj. and the idle has gone up to 2300 rpm. Now we are truckers and been idle for about 3 years.I know a little about the old carb. models but this fuel inj. has me a little baffled. help. thanks in advance

A wide open stuck Idle air control motor (IAC) may do it. A good size vacuum leak maybe. Probe with some propane. If nothing, look at IAC motor.

Others may tell you more.

Okay will do thanks for help. We love to ride getting to old for trucking trying to get local jobs and stay home with grand kids. see yo in the wind

Hi everyone hope all is well.I would like to pick your brains and see if you can help me get mobile again. I have a 2001 classic with fuel inj. and the idle has gone up to 2300 rpm. Now we are truckers and been idle for about 3 years.I know a little about the old carb. models but this fuel inj. has me a little baffled. help. thanks in advance

Check these out:

Idle Air Control - Harley Davidson Community

Finding An Intake Leak - Harley Davidson Community

Understanding Harley EFI Systems - Harley Davidson Community

If you have the MM system, check this:

Magnetti Marelli Idle - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Last edited:
2001 high Idle

Hey thanks the other day for all the helpful advice.I was at my witts end.I looked over the manual and noticed that a spring was missing. went to harley to see if they had the spring they said they could order me some kinda of rebuild kit but no spring. So now I have a foreign spring on my classic and its running fine.I aslo asked harley about the manual for fuel injection and they said its 60 bucks maybe in a few weeks but not right now.Need job, too old for this be glad when pennsion comes in October, can't wait.

Re: 2001 high Idle

thanks man got that manual and it is wonderful.It really came in handy.Now I know how to check out the bike without that scanilyzer and I'm happy for that knowledge.Now I need a position sensor.Which I'll purchase Monday I hope. thanks for the info. Yor alright.

Back