free website stats program 2001 electraglide | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 electraglide

dhorne

I have just purchased a 2001 Electra glide classic with fuel injection , I went to pick it up and the battery was toast so I boosted it with my car , like a FOOL i left the car running after the bike started and now there is no spark.I live in venezuela where the parts are non exsistant for this matter.I am afraid i have blown the ecm.
Where is the ecm located on this model and is there a fuse?Does anyone have the correct parts number for this if this is the case? Also does anyone know of any kits to rebuild the fuel pump the pump is fine it is the rubbers and screen that are rotted beyond repair , Any help would be suoer and thanks

I would check all the fuses first, not too likely you blew the ECM but I guess anything is possible. Not a good thing to boost with a car or a high amp charger either.
The ECM in any event should be under the side cover as well as the fuses too.
The fuel pump itself is not rebuildable but other parts may be available from the dealer for what you need.
Part number for the ECM if needed should be on the unit itself.

Also some things that happen to this bike..after the ignition key is turned on the flashers flash 6 times , when I have the ign key off and hold in the trip meter button and then turn the key on it comes wih a do1clr and pressing the button comes with d2clr and so forth up to 10 then it comes up with a number 51502 and then PPU What do these codes mean? Any help would be muchly appreciated

I would check all the fuses first, not too likely you blew the ECM but I guess anything is possible. Not a good thing to boost with a car or a high amp charger either.
The ECM in any event should be under the side cover as well as the fuses too.
The fuel pump itself is not rebuildable but other parts may be available from the dealer for what you need.
Part number for the ECM if needed should be on the unit itself.
thanks glider , I dont see the ecm is it behind the cruise control unit , I dont want to tear apart any unnecesary items , All the fuses in the fuse box on the left hand side are good.just no spark!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also some things that happen to this bike..after the ignition key is turned on the flashers flash 6 times , when I have the ign key off and hold in the trip meter button and then turn the key on it comes wih a do1clr and pressing the button comes with d2clr and so forth up to 10 then it comes up with a number 51502 and then PPU What do these codes mean? Any help would be muchly appreciated

The flashing lights are code problems, take a look here.
Checking TSM/TSSM Trouble Codes - Harley Davidson Community

The"do1clr" and the other " d2clr" are functions in the diagnostic area to clear codes if you hold in the trip button for that area. The other number should be a part number for the unit that can be referenced should replacement be needed.

Back