free website stats program 2000 Ultra Hestitating at Low RPM | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Ultra Hestitating at Low RPM

My 2000 Ultra has 53,000 miles. The motor, cams, etc. have been taken care of. I've found that it's running rich as my plugs are eventually getting powdery black. At low RPM (cruising like 35mph) it sputters a little or misses briefly. It only happens intermittently. I'm wondering if it's more likely to be fouled plugs or if it might be problems with the old ignition that's on this year.

I can provide a list of upgrades if it's necessary.

Thanks for any input.

Fuel injected or carb? If injected, does it have a fueler on it? Plugs are cheap insurance. If they are fouling then we need to figure out whats causing that.

Sorry. Injected.
WAP.gif

Do you have any kind of tuner on the fuel injection?

I would run a compression test first, may be time for a top end job, changing plugs and wires sure wont hurt

My 2000 RK @ 67k started something like that. The dealer wound up having to replace the MM throttle body because the bushing where the butterfly rod passed thru were worn out. It would hesitate from a take off. Seemed worse when you pull out into traffic.:D

I also have a 2000 Ultra with about 51k on it. Sometimes it hesitates [coughs] but nothing too bad. I just live with it.

Check the fuel pressure. Could be fuel hoses inside the tank, fuel filter clogged, rubber o-ring at the fuel fitting at the bottom of the tank.

Yes, This would be good to read:
Quote:
I can provide a list of upgrades if it's necessary.

Thanks for any input.

My thoughts LIKE an easy way to solve the Rich problem, one is by adding a open air cleaner system to the FI (more air)

AND-OR a less back-pressured exhaust.:D

BUT Lets see your list of upgrades First.

signed....BUBBIE

Back