free website stats program 2000 ultra classic mm efi wont start | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 ultra classic mm efi wont start

gator7275

I bought this bike about a month ago it ran when i got it but had a intermitent miss at a idle popped and sputtered thru the throttle body . It back fired when reved up . i changed the plugs it appears the front cyclider is getting gas but the rear is not . I have a pulse at both injector connecters using a test light and dvom with min max . i found a complete used know good manifold with all the sensors and the injectors i replaced it with this AND IT STILL will not run sounds the same still no fuel to the rear cylinder . It does have a power programer 3 on it i have a buddythat has the software for it we can communicate with it and it does have a map in it .i pulled the fuel pump loose and energized it and seen no leaks in any of the hoses the pump is kicking on when the key is turned on . I have disconnected the programmer and tried to start it with out it no start . I'm at a loss thinking a crank and cam sensor ?
Any help would be much appreciated , imwasa mechanic for 13 yrs on cars so im not stupid and have lots of tools . also i have a fuel pressure gauge but noway to check the fuel pressure due to goofy fuel line connections . I have tried to find a fuel pressure adapter on line with no luck .

Check crank position sensor.
IF memory serves I think it should be > 1 v ac. when cranking.

that is where I would start with a MM.

If you are not sure your getting fuel, check/replace the fuel pressure regulator, its under the intake on left side of the bike, one bolt holds it in and is removable from the left side. No real way to test that I am aware of. Start with Crank sensor first.

i dont think its a fuel pressure reg u lator problem i replaced the whole manifold assemblie whith a used one of a running bike it had a fuel reg and all the sensors and injectors on it and it and its doing the same thing . im going to test crank and cam sensor tonight .

thank you jack im looking forward to learning and chatting with all of you on here

i received my service manual in the mail going to work on the bike today and hopefully get it running or at least get it diagnosed

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, do you have spark?

Second, is your fuel pump cycling when you switch ign on (with stop/run in run)?

MM is very sensitive to low voltages, is your battery fully up and good?
you need to be measuring around 12.6V for fully charged.

Back