free website stats program 2000 injected road king running rough | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 injected road king running rough

Have had my flhri for about 6 months it has always backfired on downshift and spits a little between gears when cracking throttle. A few weeks ago sometimes when i start it revs extremely high sometimes i have to turn off and restart, also when i let off gas it makes a chirping sound. New to this forum please help

Great articles Jack. As for the intake leak, yes, good possibility. You might check your exhaust for leaks also.

Toby

I also think the TFI addition would STOP the spit-n-jerk that this bike has TOO LEAN...

After the problem is found.. Think TFI

The problem could be ?? Bad wiring at the FI.. On that style FI, the wires going into the unit crack and break causing a similar problem.

signed....BUBBIE

Sounds like the Magneti Marelli EFI gremlins have arrived...Fast idle starts..will not idle when cold...sputs,spurts slowly loses throttle response and power...You can correct them for a while but they always come back...I have seen a lot of guys dump a lot of money trying to fix a M/M efi but the problems always return...the only sure way to fix it is to go carburetor conversion or the Thundermax full EFI system...either one is not a cheap fix

Sounds like the Magneti Marelli EFI gremlins have arrived...Fast idle starts..will not idle when cold...sputs,spurts slowly loses throttle response and power...You can correct them for a while but they always come back...I have seen a lot of guys dump a lot of money trying to fix a M/M efi but the problems always return...the only sure way to fix it is to go carburetor conversion or the Thundermax full EFI system...either one is not a cheap fix

While the MM EFI has a bad rap, I am inclined to "work" with what you got, not throw the baby out with the bathwater. :s

http://www.hdtimeline.com/diagnostics_and_fuel_injection_related/8995-magnetti_marelli_idle.html

Back