free website stats program 2000 FXDL No Spark | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 FXDL No Spark

Phil b

All other electrical functions working, lights, starter, etc. Engine is turning over but no spark, however I know the coil is good. I know that there are 4 sensors that talk to the ignition module. I assume that any one of them or the I.M. itself could be bad or is there some other explanation. In any case I don't know how to proceed.

All other electrical functions working, lights, starter, etc. Engine is turning over but no spark, however I know the coil is good. I know that there are 4 sensors that talk to the ignition module. I assume that any one of them or the I.M. itself could be bad or is there some other explanation. In any case I don't know how to proceed.
Check crank sensor. easy to replace

Don't want u to think that I'm not responding. Thank for this info. Have not tried it yet. Will let you know what I find. Thanks again.

Check crank sensor. easy to replace
Thanks. As u probably know there r three other sensors and the ignition module any of which could b the culprit. Someone else provided info on how to test. I'll let u know what I find. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
my 2002 el. glide was doing same things. I had coil tested, replaced ign. module, ( Dynatek), fuel shut off valve, finally replaced crank sensor. If you look at new verses old sensor, new one no longer has hole. I believe oil and metal can get in and eventually cause magnet in sensor to malfunction, mostly at low RPMs. Hope this helps and gets you back on the road.

Hi all, I started this thread over 2 months ago. Due to my schedule and the circumstances of the problem, it's taken until now for me to get back to it. In addition to thanking all those who responded and offered help I wanted to let u know that after a long unpleasant slog I finally got the bike started today and thought it might be appropriate and helpful to let you know what went down. After replacing the crank sensor as suggested the bike began producing spark, however there was still no inkling of ignition even though the engine was cranking and I knew it was getting gas. At that point I assumed there must be a timing issue so I replaced the cam sensor (after I removed the old one I found that it was physically damaged) but still no ignition. In what would have been my last resort, today I replaced the manifold pressure sensor, and presto, it finally started. It is incomprehensible to me how all three sensors could fail at one time after after riding the bike without issue but I guess all's well that ends well. Thanks again for the help and good riding in the new year.

Glad you got her running. Thanks for letting us know what you found. A lot of people don't come back with results.
tourbox

As Tourbox mentioned, Thank you for bringing your findings back and posting them. Good stuff for the next guy or gal. Nice work!

Back