free website stats program 2000 deuce main jet question? | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 deuce main jet question?

I have a vance & hines 2 into 1 pro pipe on my bike. I took the baffle out yesterday and ran it to find out that it was running too lean. I called Dyno-Jet to see how to re-jet my carb, and they said to go up one size on the main jet. The stock size for the carb is a 190, and for some reason the guy I bought the bike from had a 180 in it. He said that he had it re-jetted after he put the baffle back in for a state inspection. I went down to Harley and got a 195 main jet. To my luck when I pulled out the old jet I noticed that it had a different thread pattern and was smaller in diameter. As far as I know I have a stock carb. (harley logo on the left side). What could be my problem here? After market jet kit? Or... Does harley make two different main jets? I just need to find out what kind so I can find one to fit.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure that it was the main jet. I unscrewed it from the bottom of the emulsion tube just like the picture states in your link. It just has a different thread pattern and a smaller diameter on the threads than the one I picked up from harley.

Sounds like it is a stock Harley carb, I have no idea why the jet has different threads.
Maybe they gave you the wrong one, who knows. Can you take it back to them along with the one from your carb? They should be able to sort it out by looking at them both. Maybe some of the other members have some input.

I have both of them now, and I'm gonna run them down there tomorrow when I get off of work. If they dont have one to match, then I have a local shop that will prob. just give me a handfull of jets to see which one will match.

If the carb has been fitted with an after market jet kit the emulsifier tube may have been changed to accept different threaded jets (dyno jet kit etc)

Brian

I'm guessing that it was a dynojet kit now that I think about it. I may just have to go with plan b, and go through a handfull of used jets untill I find one that fits.

Back