free website stats program 20% oxygenated gas, what are the risks? | Harley Davidson Forums

20% oxygenated gas, what are the risks?

cambridgehd

any suggestions on what can be done with this gasoline blend that has been mandated by Obama for later this year.

I wonder what the motor company is saying about it.

Nothing really new, California has had it for years...poorer fuel mileage, more moisture (rust) in the tanks and if you have fiberglass or resin lined tanks, or old rubber/neoprene fuel lines, it has a tendancy to dissolve the bonding agents (you with boats or yachts beware...).

any suggestions on what can be done with this gasoline blend that has been mandated by Obama for later this year.

I wonder what the motor company is saying about it.

I never thought the give and take on adding solvents to the gas made much sense... The fuel of today IS BAD and will continue until it plain DOESN"T WORK...
The added JUNK just drops the mileage beyond a good give-n-take. maybe in cal. OR LARGE CITIES as it makes a BIG smog difference but what a trade-off in my country setting here in WA.

There was a members POST, worried about cleaning his inner motor out with a fine spray of water BUT i think ENOUGH WATER is in the fuel ALREADY, so CARBON build up impossible..

The BAD PEOPLE in CALIF. are a MUCH FOLLOWED GROUP called

"""California Air Resources Board"""

MOST other states like AZ. and WA.,,,,, Have FOLLOWED the CARB mandates sooner or later...

CARB is the GROUP DR. Wattenberg (KGO am radio) "gets after" for RUINING our country by making cal. govt. go with IMPOSSIBLE mandates IT shoves down the throats of the auto/bike industry... and the heck with COMMON SENCE...

I hope it is on IT'S WAY OUT but LIKE to hear a little from OTHERS here who know a little more....

I didn't doubt,, but didn't know calif. was at 20% mix...

THAT NEW electric HARLEY may come with BIG EAR-PHONES and a PURCHASED sound track of the old days..... PICK your sound of the NEW bike..... I want V&H with lots of air sucking when I crank on the electric throttle...

PROBLEMS ARE COMING!

signed....BUBBIE

The one's that make the laws don't drive cars or bikes, they fly in BIG jets that polute 10 times more than any car/bike on the road. 4 or 5 people on a 747 but they want us to clean the air for them. Let's put addatives in thier jet fuel, 50% water and see what they think of it then. Oh thats right, thier better and smarter than us.

I never thought the give and take on adding solvents to the gas made much sense... The fuel of today IS BAD and will continue until it plain DOESN"T WORK...
The added JUNK just drops the mileage beyond a good give-n-take. maybe in cal. OR LARGE CITIES as it makes a BIG smog difference but what a trade-off in my country setting here in WA.

There was a members POST, worried about cleaning his inner motor out with a fine spray of water BUT i think ENOUGH WATER is in the fuel ALREADY, so CARBON build up impossible..

The BAD PEOPLE in CALIF. are a MUCH FOLLOWED GROUP called

"""California Air Resources Board"""

MOST other states like AZ. and WA.,,,,, Have FOLLOWED the CARB mandates sooner or later...

CARB is the GROUP DR. Wattenberg (KGO am radio) "gets after" for RUINING our country by making cal. govt. go with IMPOSSIBLE mandates IT shoves down the throats of the auto/bike industry... and the heck with COMMON SENCE...

I hope it is on IT'S WAY OUT but LIKE to hear a little from OTHERS here who know a little more....

I didn't doubt,, but didn't know calif. was at 20% mix...

THAT NEW electric HARLEY may come with BIG EAR-PHONES and a PURCHASED sound track of the old days..... PICK your sound of the NEW bike..... I want V&H with lots of air sucking when I crank on the electric throttle...

PROBLEMS ARE COMING!

signed....BUBBIE

I think Bubbie is right on here, gas will continue to evolve and the internal combustion engine as we know it will have to or it wont survive, I guess thats what the govt. wants social disorder at our expense, but how do we stop this, Jack

Jack, you just have to VOTE them OUT, the BAD one's anyway.

Agree, but this is political, we need to have a strong lobby and good network set up to get ready for this or we will be walking JMO

Those guys on capital hill don't even drive - they sit in the back seat. From that vantage point do they worry about filling the gas tank or how much it cost. Or how their new mandates placed into law destroy our vehicles because they lease the ones that they ride in along with the driver. Pumping fuel into a vehicle would be an unlikely week end happening if it came to that point.

Those in office are there because "We the People" allowed them to get there. It is our responsibility to make the change if desired.

Those guys on capital hill don't even drive - they sit in the back seat. From that vantage point do they worry about filling the gas tank or how much it cost. Or how their new mandates placed into law destroy our vehicles because they lease the ones that they ride in along with the driver. Pumping fuel into a vehicle would be an unlikely week end happening if it came to that point.

Those in office are there because "We the People" allowed them to get there. It is our responsibility to make the change if desired.

IT IS KINDA LIKE HEALTH CARE----- OBAMA STYLE....
I DON'T WANT IT'.....(.)

I know that a HELMET WORN is said to be SAFER for the RIDER....
OKAY , JUST say I agree........ I just don't like the DOUBLE STANDARD use here..

IF SAFER, why doesn't it APPLY while in an AUTO...??? answer:

CAN you imagine a HIGH MUCK-MUCK wearing a HELMET in back of LIMO???
signed....BUBBIE

Well, we the people better wake up because some voted for "Change" and look what we are getting....Sad day in the USA:newsmile08::newsmile08:

Back