free website stats program 2 places to drain the oil??? | Harley Davidson Forums

2 places to drain the oil???

Pride913

So i was told their is "2" plugs you need to drain when changing the oil. One being on the left hand side of the bike (when sitting on it) and one closer to the oil filter itself on the front right also (close to the forward control). I see a bolt up front but read nothing about it in the manual. Anyone have any advice? Its the first time i have had to change the oil and i'm doing it myself. Thanks.

You have the engine oil and the trans oil, different plugs underneath. Your primary oil makes three to drain. Forget the one by the forward control.

So i was told their is "2" plugs you need to drain when changing the oil. One being on the left hand side of the bike (when sitting on it) and one closer to the oil filter itself on the front right also (close to the forward control). I see a bolt up front but read nothing about it in the manual. Anyone have any advice? Its the first time i have had to change the oil and i'm doing it myself. Thanks.

Read your owners manual properly. It it gives complete instructions on how to do it.

Back