free website stats program 2" mufflers on 1 3/4" headers | Harley Davidson Forums

2" mufflers on 1 3/4" headers

nester024

I have acquired Rinehart mufflers for my 08 Road King. The problem is that the inlet is 2", while my headers are 1 3/4". Does anyone know of an adaptor that's been proven effective to attach these two together? From what I can figure I need to add something like two 1/8" half moons to give the clamp something to grab onto.

I know bigger headers would be the way to go, but I'm trying to work with what I have. Any ideas?

You can find reducers in a lot of auto parts stores or have them made at a muffler shop, however I would try to sell them and get the right size mufflers so they don't have a tendency to walk off the pipes because of inadequate clamp load. Nothing worse than to have the front end of a muffler fall down and hit the road.

The mufflers you have are from the Rinehart True Dual complete system and only work with the header pipes from Rinehart.

You will not get them to fit. Adding reducers will add length, making fittment impossible.

You would be better off selling them on EBAY, and purchasing the correct Rinehart Mufflers for a stock H-D system. the part number (Parts Unlimited) is 1801-0100 at %529 a set.

Back