free website stats program 2 Guage Setup Tach and Speedo, Possible? | Harley Davidson Forums

2 Guage Setup Tach and Speedo, Possible?

Bklim

I have a 2007 FXD Superglide that still has the single speedo setup. I've seen various dual (2) guage brackets for Sportsters and older FXDs. I like the look of a dual guage setup and I'm not really interested in the HD combo Tach/Speedo for the FXDs.
Anyone ever had any luck with incorporating two guages into a later model FXD ?

I have a 2007 FXD Superglide that still has the single speedo setup. I've seen various dual (2) guage brackets for Sportsters and older FXDs. I like the look of a dual guage setup and I'm not really interested in the HD combo Tach/Speedo for the FXDs.
Anyone ever had any luck with incorporating two guages into a later model FXD ?

Please give some thought to the HD combo setup. It is plug and play, looks good, and works as advertised. Only down side is the loss of the 6th gear indicator light (which is spelled out in the instructions).

Photo is of the combo on my '07 FXD. I had considered adapting the dual instrument setup but decided against it due to the cost of both the kit and the after-market pieces needed, doing the wire splicing, and finding the plug. Plus, I had no guarantee it would even work as I could not find on the web any info on anyone doing this.

Whatever you decide, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Attachments

• Speedo and tach combo.JPG
    Speedo and tach combo.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 20
Back