free website stats program 2 days with windshield, pros and cons | Harley Davidson Forums

2 days with windshield, pros and cons

kzoo

Banned
So I got a windshield off ebay for my heritage ($49) and slapped it on. After about 100 miles here are my observations.

PROS:
Much less wind pushing me off the seat on my chest
Relaxed hands
Cold morning commute, shield kept wind off my hands for the most part
Fewer bugs
Less road debris hitting me in the face
Higher speeds are more comfortable
Much less wind noise in 1/2 helmet

CONS:
Buffeting, but if I put my feet on top of the crash bar it mostly goes away
Wind gusts seem to move me around more
Hear engine "things" I never heard before (Paranoid?)
Doesn't look as "sporty"
Drive faster (if that is a con!)
No wind in the face feeling of riding.

For now, I think I will leave it on, at least for the commutes..

If you leave it on for a while you will not like the wind in your chest without it. Clearview makes a recurve that will stop the buffeting.

I'm for whatever that allows me to ride more. I enjoy it during bug season though. Those neck shots are goodies!

For now, I think I will leave it on, at least for the commutes..

I definitely agree on the morning trip to work… And with the warmer temperature coming the only view my windshield going to have is hanging on the garage wall.

Someone needs to make a collapsible one that will fit in the saddle bag for the afternoon ride home after the cold morning ride in!!

It may take more than 2-days to get used to.. I enjoy my windshield. I have the clearview mentioned earlier w/the recurve at the top.

That's why I like my quick detach shield. I use it when I'm riding the slab, then take it off when I reach my destination.

As you get adjusted to the windshield and more comfortable you will find you are riding farther and longer........With less aches and pains.

Back