free website stats program 2-1 performance? | Harley Davidson Forums

2-1 performance?

Stevo4204

This winter, I installed a SE 103 with SERT on my 09 FLSTC. Have been told that I could get more performance out of this if I put on a good 2-1 exhaust. Currently running Rush Slip ons. Have been studying up on this and as you know, there are many that claim to be the "best". With all of the knowledge on this site, I am looking for some input on the "best" 2-1 performer for my application. I am hooked on torque and low end HP.

then check out the D&D boarzilla range of pipes, Supertrapp, RB racing LSR black hole, and pro pipes from Vance and hines

I have the v&h 2/1 and it performs real good. There is however a couple things I don't care for though. The pipe has a little bit of discoloration and it has a bit of a hollow/tinny sound to the cone of the pipe and was thinking about wrapping the slip-on part to get rid of the discolor and tinny sound. Don't know if the wrap will help with the sound, maybe somebody has done this and can chime in here. And, can I take the wrap back off without ruinging the pipe or is it a permanent thing because of (EDIT) cooked to the pipe?---jack

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I respectfully disagree, Hobbit. The objective of the wrap IS to hold the heat in as hot air flows better than cold, dense air. Therefor better exhaust scavenging. can't speak to the cracking issue as I don't know. However I have not heard of that happening yet.

Last edited:
OK, no argument there. partially misunderstood your response. can't speak to the metal fatigue issue as I don't have that level of experience. I can spell mechanic but that don't make me one. Sorry for the faux pas. (I think I spelled that correctly)

Back