free website stats program 1st long trip on new Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

1st long trip on new Ultra

bootlegger

Just got back from a trip to the Canadian Rockies, it was the first really long trip I've taken on the Ultra. First off the bike gave us zero problems except for a blown headlight caused by a faulty rubber seal on the back off the light and riding for 5 hours in the rain. When I say blown, I really mean blown up, the headlight had about 3 inches of water in it and of course it splashed on the hot bulb and it exploded. Thanks to H-D of the Kootenays for helping me get it fixed and back on the road. (all under warranty) We did 1400 miles in 4 days in temps ranging from 40* to 100* and elevations from sea level to 6100 feet. The bike never missed a beat, although my right leg got pretty hot at times. I was really thinking about buying a Kawasaki Voyager before we bought this bike and know now I made the right choice. My wife never complained once about comfort and usually I needed to stop for something else before my butt got sore. The scenery was totally awesome through the North Cascades and the Rockies and the traffic even around the tourist areas wasn't that bad. My only complaint was trying to get all the bugs and road (EDIT) off the bike when we got home.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I likewise just bought an ultra. A week later hit the road for a 10 day 3,000 mile trip. No worries and good god what a ride. The ultra was worth every penny. The RK I had was great but man, the ulta is the epitome of touring.

Ultra's are the heat. I love mine as well.

Walleye says it best, "Sooner or later, you'll own an Ultra."

Back