free website stats program 1st Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

1st Harley

NickS

I wanted to do a write up on my first Harley. So I just got my Deluxe delivered this week and had a chance yesterday to take her on her maiden voyage and my first ever ride on a harley. I have to say what a great ride it was. The Screamin' Eagle 103" kit has throw your head back power, very smooth as well. I'm not to thrilled about the compression release valves but a necessary evil. The thunderheader exhaust sounds amazing. HD "Reach" seat was comfortable but a little too close to the tank for me. Dragonfly fairing is awesome to say the least! Deuce type bars w/ risers is a perfect setup for this fairing. I have to say I FINALLY see what all the fuss is about. I didn't want to get off the bike and work today couldn't get over fast enough. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and look forward to using this forum to find new mods. The only complaint I have is that it is going to snow this weekend and I won't be able to get her out!!!!!

Bike.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Welcome to HDTalkng and you have a nice looking ride there. In a bumped up engine, the compression releases are for starter preservation...and sadly necessary evil...even my standard Sporty sometimes pushes that poor starter, especially when hot or cold temperatures are encountered (cold like 40 deg not anything like you guys north of the Mason Dixon). :D

Really good looking ride:D And leave it to Smitty to give you homework!:(

In that bike you have what many work for with a HD. Something different and on top of that it is well done.
Take care of it and enjoy the ride.
Now that you have a HD heres you home work class already started :)
Self Help Information and Tips - Harley Davidson Community

I was sent to Glider's office for detention last week because I was late with my homework. I'm 55 you'd think Smitty could take it easy on the assignments. :bigsmiley20:

thanks for all the compliments guys. And yes Smitty I have been doing my studying. Trying to stay out of the principals office. :)

DUDE! Seriously sweet ride. just bought my 1st HD also. Nuthin like that, but I to see now what the fuss was all about. There is just nuthin like thje feeling of a Harley under you. Enjoy and above all...BE SAFE!

Back