free website stats program 1999 Night Train Fluid change | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 Night Train Fluid change

How much oil is used in the engine? What type do you recommend?

Primary qty and type?

Transmission qty and type?

I'm trying to help out a buddy.

Thanks,

glider,

I went there and couldn't find what I was looking for. My buddy doesn't have the manual. When I go to HD dealer to buy oil and filter I'm sure they can tell me.

Thanks

Take a look here. It's a year earlier but should give you the specs.

Harley Davidson Community - HDTimeline Downloads Page - 1997-1998 Softail Service Manual

How much oil is used in the engine?
Should be 3 Qts. I suggest a good synthetic 20/50 like Mobil 1 V Twin or redline for a few.

Primary qty and type?
I suggest a quart of Formula+ from the dealer here. Specs are needed for your application but it takes less than a quart. Filling to just the bottom of the clutch basket with the bike upright and level will do it here.
You can find that here in the self help forum.
Filling Primary/Trans Oil - Harley Davidson Community

Transmission qty and type?
Again a quart of GEAR LUBE 75/90 or 75/140 depending on your riding temps. Again Mobil 1 synthetic , redline just for suggestions. Use the dipstick to get the proper level.

Last edited:
glider,

I went there and couldn't find what I was looking for. My buddy doesn't have the manual. When I go to HD dealer to buy oil and filter I'm sure they can tell me.

Thanks

Your buddy needs a manual for his bike. Contact Gary12850 by pm and work it out.

TQ

Back