free website stats program 1999 Electra Glide FLHTCUI Build Suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 Electra Glide FLHTCUI Build Suggestions

shaftalignment

Hi ALL!
New to this site. I just picked up another scooter and would like some suggestions on building it. It is a 1999 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Fuel Injected, The bike is super clean and previous owners have done quite a few upgrades, but no documentation. The story is the cam chain tensioners took the motor out so the original owner put a stroker big bore kit in it. No info on the components or head work. I checked the stroke with a spark plug hole adapter I made and a 6" travel dial indicator and it is 4.375" so 103 CI is probably true. Pulled timing cover and everything is stock TC88 as far as tensioners and chains (looks brand new). Second owner put Rinehart True Duals with 4" muffs and Zippers Thundermax Tuner\ECM. The bike has TWR trans\swingarm stabilizer, Arlyn Ness Hi Flow Air Cleaner and tons of cosmetic upgrades. I would like to upgrade the cams, cam bearings, oil pump and cam drive. Not sure if I want to go gear drive or just upgrade to roller chains and hydraulic tensioners, depends on crankshaft runout. I have a "new in box" pair of SE TC88 heads (16927-99 & 16928-99) I would like to put on it. So my questions are: Does anyone know if these heads will run ok on a 103"? If so, what cams do you recommend for chain drive using these heads? What cams for gear drive? Any other recommendations? I am not looking to build a "Hot Rod". I like low and midrange power and do mostly Hi-way riding.
Thanks for any input,
Max

Back