free website stats program 1999 DWG accelerator nozzle problem | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 DWG accelerator nozzle problem

john frank

The accelerator nozzle on my Dyna wide glide does not squirt gas even after I have changed the diaphram and cleaned the carb. After cleaning, it works but after sitting for one day the gas does not come out of the nozzle. I have cleaned the carb several times and each time the nozzle works but stops after one or two days sitting idle. I do not know how to fix this problem. Would really appreciate any advise or help to fix this problem. Thanks in advance. John Frank

Last edited:
Welcome to The Forum, did you change the needle and seat? Re check your float adjustment:D

If you have a vacuum operated petcock there may be little or no fuel in the float bowl for the accelerator pump to work with
Open fuel tap and crank the engine a few times then try snapping the throttle open to see if there is fuel from the accelerator pump

Brian

When you say "changed the diaphragm" you mean the dime size one in the bottom of the float bowl? Is your acc. pump linkage adjusted right? Strange that it works after cleaning, but not after a few days. There's almost always gas that low in the bowl.

Back