free website stats program 1998 Superglide Speedo question | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 Superglide Speedo question

Denali

The odometer on my 1998 FXD does not display all the time, at times I cannot read the numbers, some days I read them clearly. Also the milage does not change. The HD PN# is 67025-96C. I have seen on EBay a speedo with 67025-96C 3/02/05 stickered on the side & 67403-99A stickered on the bottom. I assume this speedo will work on my Dyna? Does any one know if a speedo marked only with the 67403# will work for me also?? Does any one know of any other speedo PN's that would be a direct plug and play replacement. All comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dyna speedos... My favorite subject. The part number you gave should work. The update sticker indicates it has been modified (firmware) to that part number. Just double check the pin out for the harness.

I had a problem with my 96. It was one of those in between years. The dyna line had 2 different speedos that year. I had one of the older styles on mine. It failed, so I ended up having it replaced by a local shop. The speedo they installed was the correct P/N but did not work correctly. They wanted to replace the speedo sensor. I told them no, put the old speedo back on and replace the sensor, they declined because they had to update the wiring to the late year standard. I got a free speedo that did not work right.

I replaced it with the 67025-96C P/N and that one worked just fine. I believe that P/N also crosses over to the Sporty.

Last edited:
Thanks SledDog, I appreciate the info on the update sticker. I'm in no hurry to replace the speedo, I'll wait and watch ebay for the correct speedo @ a reasonable price. I see your ridin a FLHR also, I receintly purchased a 1999 model with the cam chain tensioners replaced with gears by previous owner. Taking it in today for oil cooler instal, then I"ll have confidence the bike will fare well on a long haul in hot country. (So. Cal.)
Thanks Again

Back