free website stats program 1998 softail custom info??? | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 softail custom info???

lwolford

hi fellas, i am new here from ohio, i am thinking of getting a 1998 softail custom, i have only owned sporsters, i have a 2002 yamaha roadstar 1600, with alot of work done to it, but i want another harley, my wife and i are not real small, how much wieght will a custom handle? 450 lbs?? the front wheel is alot narrower,, if anyone has ever road a roadstar will you compare for me ?? and if anyone can give any info, any recalls or anything to watch for? thanks guys in advance.

Welcome aboard. If you do a lot of 2-up riding I would look at a Heritage. I do love the looks of the Custom though. The small front wheel was what turned me to a Heritage instead.

Welcome aboard. If you do a lot of 2-up riding I would look at a Heritage. I do love the looks of the Custom though. The small front wheel was what turned me to a Heritage instead.

Cant go wrong here, Style and comfort:s

Have to agree with the Heritage. Love the hose for easy oil drainage (instead of plug) on 1340 evo engine. Mine is fuel injected instead of carb. Different ball game than sporsters, but depends on way you ride (3 hour weekend ride or weekend trip). Welcome back.

400 is about what it will list tops but most go over that i took my fatboy north.. fatboy is a 98 2 up 80mph whole way was a good ride just missed cruise and the radio from my RKC

I have a 92 softail custom that suits my needs i usually ride alone as wife is on her dyna wide glide furthest i have ridden in 1 day is about 400 miles i do load it up a wee bit when on longer trips as i carry all the spares for the 2 bikes wife needs all her luggage space for additional girlie things like shoes etc etc

Brian

i have a 98 custom. not great for 2 up, i go along with the rest of the clan Heritage will give you what you want

Two-up riding means a touring type frame would suit your needs if you are leaning in that direction. Softtails are more suited for solo spirited riding when you have an appetite for Big Twin "stump jumping" in the mountains...JMO...this is America after all and we at HDTimeline are more than happy to help you spend your money "as a public service" of course.:D

Back