free website stats program 1993 Softail primary cover torque specs? | Harley Davidson Forums

1993 Softail primary cover torque specs?

Robfromcanada

I am trying to find out what the torque specs are for my primary cover, inspection cover and dervy cover? The local dealer told me 22 inch/pounds for the primary but I need to double check. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am trying to find out what the torque specs are for my primary cover, inspection cover and dervy cover? The local dealer told me 22 inch/pounds for the primary but I need to double check. Thanks in advance for your help.

i just checked my manual for the 98 softail and it says "primary cover screws 108-120 in-lbs. " not sure if that helps or not.. But someone smarter than me should be by soon

i just checked my manual for the 98 softail and it says "primary cover screws 108-120 in-lbs. " not sure if that helps or not.. But someone smarter than me should be by soon

These numbers sound right. They're certainly safe enough given that 120 inch pounds is 10 foot pounds.

22 inch pounds is just barely snug.

Take care,
Dave

10ft lbs=120 inch pounds, a bit of antisieze under the bolt heads or washers will help:s

Back