free website stats program 1992 FXDC puked oil | Harley Davidson Forums

1992 FXDC puked oil

Buhdda

I bought this bike a few weeks ago and the guy said it had been sitting under a tarp for about 8 months. I had the local Harley shop check it out, change the battery and do all the fluids. I put about 300 miles on it on friday and on sunday I started it up and it puked about a 1/4 qt of oil on to my boot from the right side, just next to the tranny. I don't know what the part in the pic is, but the oil come out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• oil thingy.jpg
    oil thingy.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 28
I bought this bike a few weeks ago and the guy said it had been sitting under a tarp for about 8 months. I had the local Harley shop check it out, change the battery and do all the fluids. I put about 300 miles on it on friday and on sunday I started it up and it puked about a 1/4 qt of oil on to my boot from the right side, just next to the tranny. I don't know what the part in the pic is, but the oil come out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Between the engine and the tranny right there in your pix there is a right angle hose nipple that should have a hose and possibly a shaped piece of tubing leading up to the back of the air cleaner. This is the crankcase breather system. Sometimes the hose will come off the nipple and it will disgorge oil all over the place like you described.

TQ

Actually, right behind the hole in the center of the large round part is a hose that routes to the side/bottom of the oil pan.

Actually, right behind the hole in the center of the large round part is a hose that routes to the side/bottom of the oil pan.

Right, but the hose nipple I am talking about is towards the bottom of the engine in the centerish, and at the back of the engine between engine and tranny. See the attachment.

TQ

Attachments

• Crankcase vent schematic - Dyna.pdf
    465.1 KB · Views: 19
Back