free website stats program 1990 sturgis # 371 / 1600 what did i buy?? | Harley Davidson Forums

1990 sturgis # 371 / 1600 what did i buy??

Hi, I'm new to all of this, I just purchased a bike but I'm not sure what I have or what it is worth. The bike is a 1990 Sturgis Anniversary # 371 / 1600. it has only 258 miles. I was told the owner rode it 258 miles the first day he purchased it and then it went into his private collection. The bike is 100% original and does appear to have 258 actual miles, I purchased it at an auction. just wondering what the value might be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new to all of this, I just purchased a bike but I'm not sure what I have or what it is worth. The bike is a 1990 Sturgis Anniversary # 371 / 1600. it has only 258 miles. I was told the owner rode it 258 miles the first day he purchased it and then it went into his private collection. The bike is 100% original and does appear to have 258 actual miles, I purchased it at an auction. just wondering what the value might be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jon

If this is the real deal check it at your local H D dealer and all original, it could be worth a lot to the right person, These bikes are rare in original condition, most were re done with after market belt drives as the primary belt drive was poor at best and needed lots of attention. I have a friend that has 2 of these bikes and will not part with them, good score:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I verified the Vin with H-D. They verified the bike and told me the Number of bikes built in 1990 with the black/orange color. However, they could not give me any info on value, I just do not see much on the 1990 vs the 1991. I plan on selling the bike as I purchased a 08 H-D at the same auction.

Thanks, I verified the Vin with H-D. They verified the bike and told me the Number of bikes built in 1990 with the black/orange color. However, they could not give me any info on value, I just do not see much on the 1990 vs the 1991. I plan on selling the bike as I purchased a 08 H-D at the same auction.

Dont give it away, it should go to a collector not a butcher Good Luck, call Dave Borri @ Twin Cities H D south in Minnesota he will know what it is worth and he collects them, Tell him Jack in Jax Florida told you to call:D

If it is a Sturgis, it is a 1991 model year. They only made the Sturgis for the 1981 model year and the 1991 model year. If you have #371 in original condition with only 258 actual miles on it, you truly have a collectors' bike. I would NOT ride it except to show it. Keep it ABSOLUTELY stock. NO add-on and NO mods.

I have #1065, but mine had already been man-handled by the time I got it. I am the 3rd owner and the other guys did not understand what it means to have a numbered bike!

When you have enough posts, please put a bunch of photos in the Dyna pages where the photos are. You might also get yourself an account at photobucket.com and post there too.

Excellent find.

TQ

TQ is the man on Sturgis models. I had one for a short time, but was offered "stupid" money for it (that's when you had to wait a long time for a new bike).
If you can afford to wait for your $$ return, advertise on some of the classic/antique boards or magazines (does Walnecks still exist?). A '91 with those miles should attract a collector.

Back