free website stats program 1990 FLHS Burping Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

1990 FLHS Burping Oil

mot5100

My 1990 FLHS (ElectraGlide) burps oil from the air cleaner when started after sitting for more then 10 days. I've been told that this is common and "normal" for this bike. I've also been told that there is a "fix" or a "plug" for this.

I'm wondering if anyone can help. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated.

The bike has a worked motor and it's running S&S high performance carb.

Thanks In Advance for you help!

Tom

Welcome to the Forum! Breeze has got you started in the right direction.

My 1990 FLHS (ElectraGlide) burps oil from the air cleaner when started after sitting for more then 10 days. I've been told that this is common and "normal" for this bike. I've also been told that there is a "fix" or a "plug" for this.

I'm wondering if anyone can help. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated.

The bike has a worked motor and it's running S&S high performance carb.

Thanks In Advance for you help!

Tom

Welcome to The Forum. This is a normal problem for a pre twin cam that sits for a legth of time. The check ball in the oil pump will not hold and the crank case will fill with oil. You can hand lap the seat in the oil pump with valve grinding compound and replace the ball, this may work for a while, but if the bike sits for long periods of time it will come back again.

Welcome to The Forum. This is a normal problem for a pre twin cam that sits for a legth of time. The check ball in the oil pump will not hold and the crank case will fill with oil. You can hand lap the seat in the oil pump with valve grinding compound and replace the ball, this may work for a while, but if the bike sits for long periods of time it will come back again.

having flash backs Jack...:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Back