free website stats program 1989 Flt e-glide need help | Harley Davidson Forums

1989 Flt e-glide need help

rove

Hello to everybody.
I am from Romania and I have just bought my bike and I want to know more things about it.
I need a service manual so if someone has one to send me I will appreciate .
My bike has a SE Keihin carburator no.27FAEB21 and I need a diaphragm accelerating pump for it but I don't know if it is a CV or not.
Thanks and escuse my bad english

Hello to everybody.
I am from Romania and I have just bought my bike and I want to know more things about it.
I need a service manual so if someone has one to send me I will appreciate .
My bike has a SE Keihin carburetor no.27FAEB21 and I need a diaphragm accelerating pump for it but I don't know if it is a CV or not.
Thanks and excuse my bad English

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a great deal of very useful information here on this site particularly in the Self-help pages, and in the heads of your fellow members.

Since you have an '89 with a Keihin CV40 carb, start reading here:

Fuel and Carb Related Issues - Harley Davidson Community

Your carb is a great piece of equipment, and the more you learn about it, the more it can do for you! One bit of warning, however, DO NOT DRILL THE VACUUM PORT ON THE SLIDE!!

With respect to the HD Factory Service Manual covering your model and year, order one on line from any of the HD Dealerships that will ship to you, Amazon.com, eBay, etc. DO NOT BUY THE HAYNES OR CLYMER KNOCKOFFS.

You can order the accelerator pump kit for that carb. I think Zanotti's will ship to you, but you may want to send them some emails to work out the details:

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

You need the p/n to look things up there. I suggest going to one of the other HD Dealership sites, finding the p/n you want, and then going to Zanotti's. Here is an example:

DIAPHRAM, 27361-76A, DIAPHRAM

On that note, you might also buy the HD Factory Parts Manual covering your model and year. That with the service manual makes getting the RIGHT part you need very easy!! I looked up the diaphram p/n in my '91/'92 Dyna Parts Book (same carb I am betting!). The p/n is:

27361-76 (A). You should also get the spring: 27362-76 (x) and o-ring: 27360-76 (x). You might be able to get these from one of the after-market motorcycle parts dealers as a kit (see J&P Cycle, etc.)

Again, welcome aboard!

TQ

Welcome to the forum rove. If the top of your carb. has a round cap, with 4 screws, it's a cv. If it doesn't, it's a butterfly.

Hi and thank's a lot for Your answers.
My carburetor is a SE Keihin butterfly but I have made the order for a repair kit wich is for CV carb.
The accelerator pump diaphragm is most important for me and I want to know if it's fit on my butterfly carb or I must to make a new order(if diaphragm is different or not).
Thank's again for Your help.
With Respect,
Rove.

Hi and thank's a lot for Your answers.
My carburetor is a SE Keihin butterfly but I have made the order for a repair kit wich is for CV carb.
The accelerator pump diaphragm is most important for me and I want to know if it's fit on my butterfly carb or I must to make a new order(if diaphragm is different or not).
With Respect,
Rove.

Hmmm. See here:

CV Carburetor

TQ

With Respect,
Rove.

The accelerator pump diaphragm (small round rubber with metal center) is the same. The rest of the parts in the cv kit are different. I used the diaphragm from my '92 cv carb on my '87 butterfly carb. and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Thank's ,it is a good news for me.:)

I have received the repair kit for carburetor and all parts was perfect fitted.
I have another question for You.Witch are the steps to adjust my butterfly carburetor?
It have 3 adjustment screw:
-for air adjustment
-for idle adjustment
-for accelerating pump adjustment.
What can I do to adjust perfect this carburetor?
Thank You(and escuse my english again).

Nobody knows how to adjust my carburetor? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody knows how to adjust my carburetor? :(

This may help you!! Index of /~splaxco/hawgstuff

Look at keihin1.jpg thru keihin6.jpg

An old copy of Easy Rider back in the 70's,early 80's. I did this rebuild on my stock keihin butterfly. For 2 years it still runs great. My Idle curcuit was the biggest problem, reamed that jet with a dental tool and hardly a cough, sputter or backfire. I was lucky, I did have spare jets, so took a chance!

Yours' being a SE butterfly those jets may be set proper for racing.

Good luck, report back if your all good and running right!:D

Back