free website stats program 1988 heritage lowering question | Harley Davidson Forums

1988 heritage lowering question

hello to all, well i have been reading some of the post and it seems that people are against lowering there bike's, i am going for the old lowrider look but don't wanna die in the process....can some of u give me more opions before i make this "huge" change. i was gonna lower it 1-1.5 inches.....my heart is really set on it but know i have doughts...please help

Attachments

• DSC01109.jpg
    DSC01109.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01111.jpg
    DSC01111.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01114.jpg
    DSC01114.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01118.jpg
    DSC01118.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 11
I had the cheep shock bolt option on my 96 lowered about 1 1/2".As Hobbit said, be prepaired for components hitting the ground.A hard left hander would scrape the drain nipple on the outer primary.

Fully loaded I lost all rear lights as the tire rubbed the harness inside the rear fender.Also scraped going over speed bumps.That was 1 of my worste purchases for the bike.The kit was removed in favor of the stock ride hieght.

hello to all, well i have been reading some of the post and it seems that people are against lowering there bike's, i am going for the old lowrider look but don't wanna die in the process....can some of u give me more opions before i make this "huge" change. i was gonna lower it 1-1.5 inches.....my heart is really set on it but know i have doughts...please help

If you are gonna do it, do it right. Get the HD softail lowering shock kit for that model softail if they have any further lowering for the Deluxe. If not, then the Legend Air stuff as Hobbit suggested above. You will have to call them and see if the L8 will work on your '88. The L-9C will probably work. None of this is cheap!!

Don't forget the front end too. If you lower the back end, you should do the front the same amount. I would stick to HD here.

TQ

Back