free website stats program 1988 flhtc | Harley Davidson Forums

1988 flhtc

plow boy

While at the parts house yesterday this fellow came up and started talking about my bike ,then he asked if I wanted another one .He said that he had a 1988 FLHTC 85th anniversary limited edition, #32 of 100 that were made .When he showed me his pictures ,the bike had dual headlights .I'm not very good on this computer but I did search and all that I found was a 1988 FLHTC 85th anniversary with one head light .His bike had the right colors .My question is ,did H-D make a duel head light bike in 88 or was something just not right or maybe a picture of a RG ?

Thanks dbmg for looking this up and posting ,the dual headlights on that TG makes me wonder even more. The fellow seemed so honest and he is adamant about it and says that there is a 85th anniversary badge on the bike ,my curiosity is getting the better of me [I hope that I don't have to go slam to DC to satisfy it] . Also the color matches the single head light 85th anniversary bike that I found a picture of on the web .That bike in the video shore did sound good ,now the wife wants it more than me.

Harley%20FLHTC%201340%20Electra%20Glide%20Classic%2085th%20Anniversary.jpg

Here is the bike in question

I have magnifying glass and I see tour glide written on the fairing in front of right mirror ,I see classic emblem on right front fender ,it has the colors of the bike Jack has posted ,the front center stand ,saddle bag chrome looks different ,two headlights looking right at me ,the fairing is different .I live in SC the owner lives in DC ,I'm going to call and find out when he is going back ,I want to see the bike .Maybe we can go sometime this week . If anyone comes across this dual headlight bike please post .Thanks Jack and dbmg .

dbmg I couldn't get that google search on my first try but went back and that first bike looks like the picture that I have .

Plow boy, for what it's worth, in the Evo era HD built the FLH and it's variants (FLHTC, FLHTCU, FLHTCUI) along side the FLT models. The significant difference was the fairing. The FLH's had a handlebar mounted fairing (batwing), and were called an ElectraGlide. The FLT's had a frame mounted fairing (dual headlight), and were called a TourGlide. The TourGlide models were eventually dropped (early 90's?) from the catalog. They reappeared some time later, but were renamed the RoadGlide. Hope that helps.

Thanks jennmarr good info .dbmg I went back to your google search again and this time when I clicked on the picture it came up and that is the same bike that I have the picture of .The bike you showed is 49 of 100 and that makes me think that Cleo was being straight with me when he said his bike was #32 of 100 ,kind of makes me feel a little bad that I thought what I thought . Anyway I thank yall ,I wish that I could find stuff on here like that ,My ole puter dog won't hunt like that .Have a good day and thanks again .

Back