free website stats program 1985 wide glide wiring diagram | Harley Davidson Forums

1985 wide glide wiring diagram

I have the Haynes manual for '70-'99 shovelhead and evo big twins but cannot seem to find a wiring diagram to match the 85 glide. I'm gonna try to load a pic of the mess. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 17
I will agree. That is a mess. But I have seen worse.

Welcome to the forum. What kind of problem are you having.

Your asking for an '85 but your ride is a 2005?

I have the Haynes manual for '70-'99 shovelhead and evo big twins but cannot seem to find a wiring diagram to match the 85 glide. I'm gonna try to load a pic of the mess. Any help is appreciated.

Speak to Steve, I sent him something.:D

Here's the early & late wiring, don't know how they are going to come out, I scan them and if you can't read them just pm me and I'll e-mail them to you, but their 2 mb's each.

Early1985FXWGWiring.jpg

Late1985FXWGWiring.jpg

Nice work Chopper. They posted up Great. What type of problem are you having Funky. We will have you going in no time... :s

Now Chopper, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. That looks much better than what I have to work with. Thanks

I can't really say the exact problem yet, there are some things that need to be worked out. One of the issues is that I have no signals. When the flasher is installed the lights come on very slow and dim, when i remove the flasher and connect the wires direct there is a bright signal. The flasher is new and I even tried another, so I am lead to believe that it is somewhere in the wires! And I just want to have some reassurance that all the wires are in the right place before I cut em and install new connectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funky,
I would start by making absolutely sure the correct bulb number is installed in each socket. The bulb load or current draw needs to be correct for the flasher to flash at the correct rate.. While your in there, I would clean the sockets and spray some "Deoxit 5" in each socket.. Deoxit would be great on any quick disconnect cable plugs also.

At that point see what happens with the flash rate of the turn signals.

Possibly the grounding circuit for the flasher itself is damaged in the wiring or a bad connection. Someplace to start.

Back