free website stats program 1985 FLT - Which Motor Mount is Best? | Harley Davidson Forums

1985 FLT - Which Motor Mount is Best?

Vibratinharley

I wasn't sure if this belonged with engine or suspension so forgive me if this is posted in wrong part of forum.....

The front motor mount appears that it is deteriorated and falling apart. I see motor mounts priced from 28 dollars to 130 + dollars including a Velva ride mount. Anybody change their front mount and which mount works best as far as reduced vibration? I seem to remember the saying something to the effect of " Quality is remembered long after price is forgot" which leads me to want to stay away from the lower priced inferior quality pieces... Any thoughts?

I just replaced the Motor mount on my 85 which had about 30000 since it was put on. I noticed the rubber was starting to separate but the only way you could tell was if you took it off and even then it wasn’t obvious. It was the cheap version and I replaced it with the same. I would be interested to see what others think too - Bob

I don't know. I checked out the cheap ones and they seem awfully hard and have very little movement and I would think that it would almost be as if it was solid mounted. I know you don't want much movement but "0" movement would vibrate like my hard mounted sportster. Decisions Decisions!!!

Back