free website stats program 1984 FLHTC Electra-Glide in Blue | Harley Davidson Forums

1984 FLHTC Electra-Glide in Blue

ezrydr58

Here is my 1984 FLHTC done up in 2009 Harley Flame Blue Pearl courtesy of MainStreet bikes and Trikes in Granville Iowa.

Attachments

• 800left_side3.jpg
    800left_side3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 72
  • 800right_side2.jpg
    800right_side2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 800right_side3.jpg
    800right_side3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 800right_side4.jpg
    800right_side4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 800right_side_full1.jpg
    800right_side_full1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 72
Looks familiar. Mine could use a paint job though. Looks really nice. Must be able to hear you coming with those pipes - Bob

Hey Bob,
ya know I was REAL nervous about painting this bike. Up until I lost a saddle bag late last summer the OEM paint was still in excellent shape (other than one tank decal starting to crack up).
And yes those are some loud pipes - Samsons to be exact. And it was the loud pipes that kept me from hearing the right saddle bag go bouncing across the road behind me at 80mph.
I did get the bag back intact, beleive it or not, but the road rash was pretty bad.
The MOCO does not have the paint available any longer and I could not find a paint shop who could match it so I went with the whole repaint.

I never thought having my old scooter painted would be such a major life decision but I am really happy that I did it and I don't htink this old girl has ever looked so good.

Here's what she looke dlike in OEM colors, picture taken last summer before the dreaded 'bag-incident'...

Attachments

• OEM_paint_84flhtc.jpg
    OEM_paint_84flhtc.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 29
The original paint is close to mine. I finally swapped out the hard luggage mounting clips for bolts and washers. It was making too much noise. It really doesn't take much longer to get the bags off now and how often do you do that anyway. I hope to keep mine on the road too. This weekend I'm planning to install a grease fitting on the steering neck. Yours looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Enjoy - Bob

well Bob if I had bolted my bags on a long time ago I probably would not have had to repaint the bike. You can bet yer you-know-what them bags are BOLTED on there NOW!! :s AND I put the saddle bag guard rails back on as well...
I did not have the saddle bag guard rails on the bike when I lost the bag - had they been on it might have saved some damage to the bag paint when it let loose.

Does your 84 have the belt drive or the enclosed rear chain?

The MOCO was so impressed with their new belt technology that they stenciled "Belt Drive" on the front fender. I'm still running the original but I carry a emergency one just in case in the saddlebag - Bob

(EDIT)
well even though I curse the enclosed rear chain every time I have to remove the rear wheel it is reliable so I am thankful I don't have the belt drive.

The only stencil on my front fender was a cheesy sticker that said 'classic'. The guy that did my paint asked me if I wanted that put back on after the new paint - I said "no way! we're gonna put a shiny chrome Electra-Glide badge on there!"

So if you have belt drive I'm guessing your bike came with the wet-clutch as OEM?

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back