free website stats program 1972 Flh offset front wheel hub | Harley Davidson Forums

1972 Flh offset front wheel hub

Yea 1972 was the only year they did that because of first year disc brake. We have the service manual from when it was new, and it only has a comment on it. We are putting new spokes and rims on.
Thanks

The HD service manual 1970 to early 1978 FL/FLH part #99482-78 show in detail how to lace the wheel. There were two differene offsets used from 1969 to 1972, in 1973 they were centered on hub. There are too many pages for me to post on the forum but I'm sure you can order the manual thru your local dealer or save a couple bucks and order on line thru M&M. There's a few tools you'll need also, truing stand, spoke wrench and dial indicator, unless you really want the learnning experience it would probably be less money to just take it to a shop and have it done.

Here's a pic of the offset.
1972wheeloffset.jpg

I agree, I would have a dealer do it, truing a wheel can be a real pain. It is very time consuming and if you do not have alot of patience you will go crazy.

Back