free website stats program 16" Apes installed on my scoot | Harley Davidson Forums

16" Apes installed on my scoot

barttoday

Just finished putting these wild1 16" chubbies on my scoot. PITA to get the harnesses through the bars (08 FLHRC w/ ETC and ABS.....nuff said..) but turned out great!! Cannot be happier and it's so comfortable!!! :newsmile03:
(I'll get some better pics out when I get some good weather....)

Attachments

• DSC000011.jpg
    DSC000011.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC000031.jpg
    DSC000031.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 93
Welcome Barttoday...welcome to HDT and thank you for cruis'in by for some reading after riding. Have to say, nice looking apes installation there, how tall do they come when you are riding? I like the look, but never have run high apes, because I ride...eh...assertive, like lots of leverage for maneuvering my sporty in the twisties, but once out on the open road I can see and feel the desire to lean back and relax, matter of fact I did the unthinkable, I put on the quick on/off HD windscreen, was 70 degrees out...a-h-h-h...two wheeled sports...all is good in the world.:D

Nice looking installation, how tall do they come when riding? I like the look, but because I ride...eh...assertive, a like lots of leverage, but once out on the open road I can see and feel the desire to lean back and relax. Two wheeled sports...all is good in the world.

lol....assertive......well....they ride great...I'm 6'2" and they hit me just above the shoulders. I was a little nervous when I got "assertive" with the throttle right outta the gate with the new bars, but quickly got used to them. They do flex a bit though, and it will make you nervous the first time..(not to be confused with slipping....they wont slip, I put set screws in them..).

Here's some better pics now that I got her outside.:cheers. It was by reading all of the great info on this forum that I was able to complete this install, and NO thanks to my local stealer who said it could not be done w/out the digital technician..... we showed him. Thanks guys.

For some reason new pics did not attach...here's another attempt...

Attachments

• DSC00001-2.jpg
    DSC00001-2.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00002-1.jpg
    DSC00002-1.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
I like it even more now!

That orange looks much better in the sunlight.:cheers

Thanks!! It's the custom color that was offered first quarter '08. Copperhead pearl with red hot. Looks like (EDIT) on the HD website. BEAUTIFUL in the sun. Turns all sorts of colors. It's how I hooked the wife into letting me buy it....

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Those look great Bart...I've ran 16's on all my bikes, love the feel and the look, good job!

Back