free website stats program 15000 mile service clutch question | Harley Davidson Forums

15000 mile service clutch question

Mavagrand

just finished my 15000 service. One question, clutch adjustment pretty much went by the book except when I went to adjust jam nut/clutch adjustment screw, it backed out a lot more than the one turn recommended in the book. I backed it back down until the adjustment nut made light contact with the clutch but not sure how deep the interior adjustment (hex screw) is supposed to be set. both were tight and I test rode the bike, it seemed fine, no slipping or dragging. anything I should listen for if the clutch is adjusted wrong?? I suspect as bike warms up there may be something come up. Is there a way to be sure the clutch is right??

Theres a video in the self help area, watch it a couple times and you should become a pro at it. Good luck

when I went to adjust jam nut/clutch adjustment screw, it backed out a lot more than the one turn recommended in the book.

I think you have that backwards. You lightly seat it after loosening the jam nut and then back it out 1/2-3/4 of a turn and lock the nut down then.

Steve, thanx for the video, that cleared it up for me. I looked but could not find that video on Expert Village.

Back