free website stats program 15000 check up | Harley Davidson Forums

15000 check up

chunky59

I have heard that it cost up wards of 500 dollars to have my oil changed and to get all the fluid levels checked and to get just a basic check up at a Harley Dealership, is this true?

Could run even more at some dealers and you don't know if it is done right by the parts cleaning kid.

Get the manual and do it yourself with the help on the forum here, it's not difficult and will save you a LOT of $$$

thanks for the info, i have the manuel and have been on this forum for a while and think i could do it myself.

thanks for the info, i have the manuel and have been on this forum for a while and think i could do it myself.

Absolutely you can!!

Now is this original miles - 15,000 on a 1999? If so that is really low mileage.

Many riders do not realize that even if a bike is not ridden many miles in a year, some things should be done based on time not just miles. This is especially true of fluid changes, but some other things suffer from the ravages of time too. Check the condition of hoses, tires, drive belt, brake calipers and mating surfaces when you first start the bike to make sure that any unseen orings or gaskets have not developed leaks.

So as a rule of thumb, your fluids should probably be changed annually (definitely engine oil and brake fluid anyway), and all "rubber" items inspected for condition.

TQ

Back