free website stats program 14" Apes - New Cable Lenghts Required? | Harley Davidson Forums

14" Apes - New Cable Lenghts Required?

Moto931

Anyone out there put 14" apes on their Bob? I am thinking about doing it and am curious about what cable lengths (over stock) I will need for the throttle, clutch and brake.

thanks.

I'm no Dyna expert but, I know if your considering Wild One bars. They are very helpful over the phone and will guide you in the right direction. Great product and customer service. Just give them a call.

Bodeen

I just finished up 16" Burley Gorilas with Magnum Shielding cables that were 8 over. They fit, but if I did it again I'd use 9 over just to have a little extra wiggle room. What I suggest is get the bars, put them on, then measure for what you need. To me the easiest way is to disconnect the brake line fron the caliper. Mount the brake lever on the new bars and plumb it through the cable clamps then use a peice of stiff but flexible wire to model how much more brake line you need to add. All the other cables should need to be that much over stock.

I just finished up 16" Burley Gorilas with Magnum Shielding cables that were 8 over. They fit, but if I did it again I'd use 9 over just to have a little extra wiggle room. What I suggest is get the bars, put them on, then measure for what you need. To me the easiest way is to disconnect the brake line fron the caliper. Mount the brake lever on the new bars and plumb it through the cable clamps then use a peice of stiff but flexible wire to model how much more brake line you need to add. All the other cables should need to be that much over stock.

Thanks, this right here is how I will do my mini-apes this spring.

Back