free website stats program 125" RevTech | Harley Davidson Forums

125" RevTech

Cleftwynd

Banned
I have been considering a future engine upgrade in my 1990 springer. She has around 65,000 miles on her and someday will need an overhaul or replacement.

I have read a lot about S&S engines, but haven't heard much about the RevTech. Has anyone had any experience with this engine? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Bill

Like the boss says the S S is a better choice , Rev Tech motors seem to be having a lot of oil problems lately JMo:s

S&S engines are also exactly twice the cost of a RevTech...lol

Guess I'll just have to sell another toy :( I can't see myself banking another 12-13k anytime soon. I would like to replace the 80" with something that has a LOT more bottom end, I love putting outta town in high gear and just rolling on the twist and rip her up to highway speed.

Bill

My buddy has a 110" Rev Tech and is not impressed at all. He has just rebuilt it and had something like 20000 kms on it. Rev Tech did not want to do much for him in regards to warranty.

CCI thought they could fix the short comings of the 100 incher by going to the 110, as Glider stated it is an import:s

After some research (thx for the heads up guys) I see the RevTech is manufactured in Korea, and has skimped on quality in places such as rob bearings, etc...

I now think it would be a waste of 5k for a time bomb...

Once the 80" gets too tired, she is still stong yet but @ 65k miles I am really not sure how long she will stay that way, I will be looking @ an S&S.

If you are looking to save money and get bang for the buck you can look at Ultima as well, their mild engines come with a 24mo/ 24,000 mile warrenty and you can get a 100ci/115 hp evo complete with intake and carb and ignition for under 5 grand and the are made in the US. I have some buddies with custom bikes and they have had good luck with them. You could also get a new crate motor or a remanuctured engine directly from the MOCO.

Just a thought - First, I would recommend S&S for any replacement or build project, but...... Compare the cost of the replacement engine to the Blue Book Value of your bike and keep in mind the new engine is not going to change that value by much. Maybe it is getting to be time to kick some tires at the dealership.

Back