free website stats program 1200c service | Harley Davidson Forums

1200c service

Hi, am looking for a genius to solve my misfire problem. I live in Manchester and believe a very good person on harleys lives in Bury, and does repair work, does anybody know this person or have a contact number for him. I would really appreciate any help with this.

Hi, am looking for a genius to solve my misfire problem. I live in Manchester and believe a very good person on harleys lives in Bury, and does repair work, does anybody know this person or have a contact number for him. I would really appreciate any help with this.

TRY GOOGLE, you may find him...

Might be some one here but it is a longer shot:newsmile011:

You might want to elaborate on the bike. model. year, and FULLY describe the problem.

Place Post/Thread under
Electrical - Harley Davidson Community Ask away.

signed....BUBBIE

Hi, problem with my misfiring is ; starts fine on choke but misfires with more than 1/4 throttle when warm runs ok only if you dont open up to fast. after approx 10miles starts mising all time and will not tick over without stalling.it starts easy after acouple of mins. changed plugs and leads still same

Sounds like you need a carb re-build...do you treat the fuel when bike sits over long periods?

Sounds like you need a carb re-build...do you treat the fuel when bike sits over long periods?

use the bike all yr round for work
PS also cleaned fuel tank & filter

I'm kinda thinking Iceman is on the culprit. When you say you cleaned the fuel tank, does that mean you use a stabilizer and/or injector cleaner in it regularly ?

Do you guys have ethanol in your fuel over there like we do here ?

Just Thinking here aloud,,,

Might be debris stopping the Flow of the fuel, like from the tank all the way until the needle jet of the carb...

Pulling out the enhancer makes it run better for a while BUT still not enough fuel to keep it going steady.

Might be right there "IN" the needle of the float. I'd try there. Not much to a carb so you should be able to handle it.:D

Could also be a bad intake leak and IF it suddenly happened it may be just that.

signed....BUBBIE

If this sort of thing has been happening over the last couple of weeks i am suspecting that you may have a carb icing issue
the weather has been damp and temps not too high the moisture in the air can freeze and block some of the jets in the carb when you let the bike sit for a wee while the heat from the engine will melt the ice and the bike will start and run for a wee while
carb icing can occur in temp up to 13 c the shape of the carb throat will chill the air as it is drawn through and further chilling occurs when the fuel atomises if there is a high moisture content in the air then it can freeze
silkolene pro fst was developed in conjunction with kawasaki uk to try to combat the carb icing on some models of motorcycle fitted with keihin carbs
so if you have an icing problem silkolene pro fst can help or replace the carb with a mikuni hsr

Brian

I work 4on 4off my shift starts tomorrow(12Hr) so will strip carb on my next 4off and post my findings, thanks to all who have replyied with help

Back