free website stats program 1200 Sportster pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

1200 Sportster pipes

Bike193

Hi All
I have a 1200 Sporster L 09 mod with efi motor, i bought from a uk Harley dealer, it had some extras and was sold as a X demo bike, what my problem is, that the bike was fitted with S&S pipes but they did not fit a Super tuner, so the bike is running very weak and jerky at low speeds, should they have fitted a super tuner along with the pipes, as now they say it is not nessasery. and they refuse to do anything, i don't want to damage the motor by running it too weak..... what can i do...thanks

Welcome Bike193 to HDTimeline, there is a wealth of information in the self help section regarding full or partial Stage I tuning if they ONLY replace the S&S pipes. Odd that the dealer would not "ante" up to replace the pipes back to stock at the very least OR honor the warranty if they sold it to you...Was it really "AS IS" without warranty? You bet they are on the hook by MOCO to sell the bike at the very least with the warranty intact.

Hi The bike has the full Harley warranty at least another 12months, you think that the dealer should do something, i have talked to Harley UK they did not want to know !!

If you can not get satisfaction, is there another dealer locally or you can as Glider says, just get Techclusion' TFI, it is a fueler that is user adjustable, with plug and play installation. Tell them you were referred by HDT and get a discount as well...see the self help or search tabs at the top of the page to find related threads and background info...not hard to do it yourself and done right.

Hi I was in Suffolk but the bike came from a dealer near to east midlands airport... and now i have taken it to the Costa Blanca Spain...the weather is perfect for the bike...i have emailed TFI and now waiting on a quote.... the TFI has no contact with the ignition system does this make any differance to the running, as the Harley dealer in Spain reccemended the Supertuner unit, is this just a fueler or has it got a connection with the ignition system....

Hi I have been offered a Screaming Eagel race fueler, that they say piggy backs the original unit..the price is half that of the TFI unit but will it be as good!! by cheap by twice as they say!!!!

I believe he is talking about the race FUELER not the race TUNER (SERT). The fueler is the unit similar to the TFI.

In any event if it were the SERT, second hand will not work if it has been used .

It has 2 more pots to adjust than the TFI too. I would bypass it and get the TFI myself.

Back