free website stats program 12 volt power point | Harley Davidson Forums

12 volt power point

moses33

want to install a 12 volt power point on my 04 night train so i can plug in my GPS. Any suggestions on how to do this?

There are many possibilities, basic is to buy the "Y" adapter and get up to 3 plug in access points, only they are under the seat or surrounding area. You can also go with the H-D 12V Accessory outlet at $20 or so (you fabricate or find aftermarket mounting bracket/plate) or mount or to Küryakyn get the 12V Power point, price is high at $70.

image_26911.jpg

Last edited:
i am just about to install a Nuvi 200W on my RK, i was just going to use the battery or cut a 12 volt cig lighter cord and install.

I have a water proof lighter socket on a short cable with a plug to fit my charger pigtail i only use it for charging my phone when on longer trips and just put the phone etc in the nearest saddlebag to the pigtail however a longer lead would allow it to be at the front of the bike

Brian

Road king should have ACC switch on the right side, back of of the light housing to attach something to, then can turn on/off as needed. when I had my RK it came pre installed just a matter of attaching something to it.

I like Brian's thinking, makes me think that routing one into a windscreen bag or forks bag would be pretty unique. That's a great place to have the cell phone when it's charging anyway. Of course it's had to reply to text messages or check your facebook when your rolling down the road and the phone is in a bag on the forks... (just kidding guys)

All good ideas here, remember to disconnect the battery when doing electrical upgrades, Negative first and check for proper amperage of the fuse for the circuit:s

Back