free website stats program 12" mini apes | Harley Davidson Forums

12" mini apes

cyborg

I`m looking to put 12”mini apes on my 2009 Super Glide.
What do I need to look for? I like the mini apes on the 2014 Street Bob, but they have internal wiring and mine doesn’t. Is there a standard pull back length?
And what does “With/Without Dimples” mean? I know I’m asking a lot of questions, but if go to a dealer I’ll need to take out a bank loan. I can do the work and wiring lengthening, just need help getting the right bars. :newsmile040:

Thanks for any help.

I`m looking to put 12”mini apes on my 2009 Super Glide.
What do I need to look for? I like the mini apes on the 2014 Street Bob, but they have internal wiring and mine doesn’t. Is there a standard pull back length?
And what does “With/Without Dimples” mean? I know I’m asking a lot of questions, but if go to a dealer I’ll need to take out a bank loan. I can do the work and wiring lengthening, just need help getting the right bars. :newsmile040:

Thanks for any help.

So how bad do you really want these bars installed????

"Dimples" are indentations on the underside of the bars where the switch housings attach. The dimples keep the wires from being pinched where they exit the housing.
You can find the pull back/width/rise of all bars in a Harley accessory catalog, or on sites like J&P, Dennis Kirk etc. Dyna Wide Glide mini apes are very popular and fit with no cable modifications other than a reroute here and there. I have them on my Dyna.

"Dimples" are indentations on the underside of the bars where the switch housings attach. The dimples keep the wires from being pinched where they exit the housing.
You can find the pull back/width/rise of all bars in a Harley accessory catalog, or on sites like J&P, Dennis Kirk etc. Dyna Wide Glide mini apes are very popular and fit with no cable modifications other than a reroute here and there. I have them on my Dyna.

The one`s I`m looking at are H-D Mini-Ape Handlebar-56079-93T for a 2009 Dyna Street Bob. What year did you use on your Dyna?

Mine are from a Dyna Wide Glide,#56079-93.32"w x 6.5" pullback x 8.75" rise x10" base width x 3.14" knurl width. Softail Customs #56081-82 are very close. Be mindful when looking at Harley bars they range from $80 - $150+ for stainless steel. Get a Harley Accessory catalog (free at dealer), they have all handlebar specs in them.

I have an '07 Super Glide with 12" apes (Internally wired), don't remember what brand but definately need dimples as noted by others. Many places to find good bars. An HD dealer should have the "Fit Station" to let you try out their versions. See what you like and then shop around. Many manufacturers sell everything from just the bars to entire kits that include the cabling or kits for extensions. I'm 6'4" and the 12" bars don't really
look like tall bars when I ride, but they put my arms in a perfect shoulder height position. I ride all day with no problems. Good Luck with your project !

I went with the street bob bars on my 09fxdc really a lot more comfortable had to buy longer cables..the bars and cables cost me around 300 bucks

Thanks Eveybody, I know a hole lot more now then i did a few days ago. Now I just need to come up with the money...LOL and my winter project is set.
Thanks again.

Back